Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Gonna Be An Interesting Year...

Argh! Why is it always me who gets colds? I mean, its like I'm a cold magnet, I get them whenever, summer or winter, spring or fall.

Anyway, having rescued my cat from a 60 foot high tree (I got to use a cherry-picker! Best €150 spent ever!) I thought things might quieten down...ohh woe is me...

First, Irish homework, and if you know me, you then know of my undesirable hate for the language. What's the point in teaching it? I can understand if for some reason you wanted to go omto TG4, but aside from that, what is there? You may be saying to yourself "Philip," (yes, that is my real name, but I much prefer Nexus) "just move down to ordinary, tis much easier." My response? I am in ordinary! I can't even string a sentence together! Stupid language. Maybe I should have stayed over in England...hmm...

But now for what really ticked me off. Having seen Applied Maths on the list of subject preferences last year, I was delighted, with me saying to myself "There you go Phil, the perfect subject to feed your uncontrolable hunger for maths and physics AT THE SAME TIME! Mwahhhahhahhahhahhahhahhah!.....Ahem....yes...plus according to the teacher, and easy A1 is just 3 hours away in the exam." So down I write it down, saying that it was quite high up on my preferences. Guidence councellor comes along, and asks me if I'm sure... Yeah, a quick glance up at the previous statement will show what I said to her...Moving on...

So I get a call yesterday from my friend, S (yes I know what you're thinking, its highly unlikely that I know someone simply called S. Confidentiality!) who said he talked to the guidence councellor, who said to talk to the principal. See, although they were meant to have the timetable sorted out, Applied Maths wasn't on the timetable. And so, myself and S ran around trying to sort out what was going on, all the while, tending to our first years like little lambs...of course whenever an oppurtunity arose to find out more of our never-ending quest (yes I know, this does have an end, I just like how its sounds) we tossed them out like yesterday's newspaper... Not litlerally, although on one occasion, someone did place a first year head first in a bin...freaky...

Anywho, myself and S travelled aroung the great campus of DGS (yes, its a campus. Just because we're a small school, doesn't mean we can't call ourselves campus...-like) and from the amount of walking we did, we could have gone to Borrisokane and back again. (Yes, someone you know does live there.:)) Anywho (he said, hopefully for the last time) S gave me a call to say that the principal "doesn't feel like doing Applied Maths.".............ehh, why? I mean, I have three people who want to do it, and only three people did it last year. Why won't he? Tis just not right, I mean, he offered it to us, and I took it. He can't just sweep it away like the old and grumpy jaitor sweeps away the dust...actually its more like vacuum it up, but you get the idea.

Ohh, and don't worry, Mum and Dad are going to sort it out today, but there is a second part to this story which I shall divulge at a later point...

BYE BYE!!!!!

1 comment:

Nicoley said...

You should come to High School. My amazingly brilliant Maths teacher I was telling you about does the Applied Maths in my school. He's a genius! The class has more than 3 people, and L's in it!! You should come to High Schoooool! :D