Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Just Swallowed A Chicken Bone...

Hopefully the title won't need explaining.

So here we are at the end of another week of school. Things are starting to fall into place, but things are quite stressful at the moment, what with all the effort to keep on top of the work. Its true what they say, going from trans year to 5th is a big shock...at least for me it has been.

As I posted earlier on in the week, I'm now a candidate for the Leaving Cert Applied Maths exam. While at the moment, it seems fairly mundane, everything will start to pick up sooner or later.

There really isn't that much going aside from my friend coming home tonight. Yes he almost back! And yes, I do plan on posting my spiritual topic tomorrow...maybe even two...

I'm so glad I read "Wuthering Heights" over the summer. All I have to do is look over some notes, and everything's good!


On a side note, I have started to shave...just that I'd put that out there...


I'll leave you with a quote from "Blue Like Jazz" that I'm currently loving;

"Rick says that I will love God because he first loved me. I will obey God because I love God. But if I cannot accept God's love, I cannot love Him in return, and I cannot obey Him. Self-discipline will never make us feel righteous or clean; accepting God's love will. The ability to accept God's unconditional grace and ferocious love is all the fuel we need to obey Him in return. Accepting God's kindness and free love is something the devil does not want us to do. If we hear, in our inner ear, a voice saying we are failures, we are losers, we will never amount to anything, this is the voice of Satan trying to convince the bride that the groom does not love her. This is not the voice of God. God woos us with kindness, He changes our character with the passion of his love...In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggar's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion."

2 comments:

Phiasmir said...

Loved that book, that's a really good chapter!

Stan McConnell said...

Read Blue Like Jazz, recently myself.

Excellent quote. It's a truth that constantly bears reminding.
Accepting God's love is difficult sometimes, but literally the most liberating thing we can ever do.

Good luck on the shaving.
It's both a blessing and a curse...