Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...

Well you guessed it. Tis my birthday today. The big 17. Doesn't actually feel much different. Although it feels way more different from 1 year ago.

Looking back on my 16th year of living on Earth (no, I'm not some sort of ancient intergalactic alien who plans to rid the world of cheese...and soap) its amazing to see what has happened. Last year, if you had asked me to speak in front of any amount of people, I'd say that I would, but that I'd more than likely would have to revert to wearing diapers. Now though, there's only a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that I'd need to...still could happen though.

Last year, I wouldn't consider myself among the social elite. I would kinda be the guy standing in the corner, waiting for someone to come over to me. Now, I feel much more confident in myself, and have made some wonderful friends, as well as cementing old ones.

But by far the biggest change is the fact that God really is part of my everyday life. I can't even go to the bathroom without singing "Blessed Be You Name." Crazy I know, but everywhere I go, he just speaks into my life. I feel like I'm finally living the life he wants me to live, and not only that, but that I'm finding the intimacy that I've always wanted with Him.

Everything that happened this past year is because of Him. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for Him, because I made Him the centre of my life. And so to Him, I give my thanks for all He's done, and I lay this year, and the rest of my life down at His feet.

Let's get started Lord...Let's make this year one to remember.

May He be the Nexus of your life.

No comments: