Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Faith Unwavering...

Yes its true ladies and gentlemen, I'm back! And I'm back for good! I have a number of ideas in my head, which is very confusing. I hope you enjoy!



This Friday past, I headed up to youth group once again, and unlike my previous experience, I was delighted to see it was on. It was great to see everyone there, and I think they were glad to see me...I think. Almost immediately we were called into a prayer/devotional time, led by Ethan. And its what he talked about that I want to talk about.



David is an amazing man...and no I don't mean David Bowie...I mean THE David...You know the one from the Bible? But anyway, yes, David is awesome. I mean, he was a shepherd, and then went onto to kill a giant, and become King of Israel. I've spoken about David before, and now that I come to think about it, what I'm going to talk about now, but as in depth as today.

David was awesome, but not just because of the fact he was king, or the fact that he toppled the huskiest of men with a barrage of pebbles, but because what happened to him after that. Saul, the king before David, was furious when he found out about David being king, and so chased him and his men around the land, forcing David to live in caves. David also committed adultery with Bethsheda, and killed her husband because of it. David was far from perfect.

But that is what makes him awesome. That he's the epitome of the human being. He's the perfect example of what a human is at its very core; flawed.

We're all flawed. No one can say that he/she hasn't sinned. We're born into it, ever since the fall of man collapsed the walls of love. Since then, we've sinned all of our lives. And the fact is David is an ideal example of this.

But he's not only an example of what humans are, but also what we can become. David was terrified, knew that he should be dead, but he persevered. He continued to hold onto the fact that one day God would bring everything together for the greater cause. And that's exactly what he did.

Through David's bloodline, the Savior of the world was born. As we approach Christmas, its hard not to be distracted by lights, and presents and carols and Santa. But the true meaning behind Christmas is this; Jesus, who arrived at the pinnacle of the Roman Empire, was born into this filth-ridden world so that he could give us something;

Faith.

Faith in Him, in heaven, when times are joyous, when times are hard. There's no doubt that life sucks. But Christ came so that everything evil on this earth would be a minor hindrance. He came so that he could undo the damage done by Adam, and give us the faith that this world so desperately needs.

David knew what was to come, and because of him and his amazing faith, the world was saved. Even though he was beaten down, ridiculed, mocked, taunted, and hurt, he believed; He believed in something far greater than anything; the coming of salvation.

Its this faith that we have been given. And it is through this faith, that all things are made new in God's sight. And it is through this faith that we believe, and continue to believe in, no matter what the cost.

"Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come...For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ...The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord..."

-Romans 5 v 14, 17, 20-21

"A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."

-John 10 v 10

"When all around me starts to fall,
and when my faith it seems so small,
even in my darkest hour,
I will believe..."



Let Him be the Nexus in your live.


1 comment:

Phiasmir said...

Nice post! David is deffo one of my favorite bible figures